I’m so glad fall has arrived. To me it means cooler weather, curling up on the couch knitting, and lots of baking. And speaking of baking, one of my favorite recipes to make is pumpkin mochi. It’s a cross between mochi and pumpkin pie without the crust. It’s comforting in taste and fills the house with a pleasant aroma as it bakes.
Pumpkin Mochi Recipe
29oz Can of pumpkin puree
14oz Can of sweetened condensed milk
1 Cup of melted butter
4 Eggs, beaten
1lb Box of Mochiko (sweet rice flour) – click here to see a picture of it
2 Cups sugar
2tsp Baking powder
1 1/2tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a glass 13in x 9in pan.
2. In a medium bowl mix mochiko flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix all other ingredients together.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into glass pan and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
6. Cut into small squares with a plastic knife.
*This mochi will last up to 3 – 4 days. Do not refrigerate.