Like many of my craft projects, this card came about out of necessity. I needed a birthday card for my brother-in-law. Since he’s into photography, I decided to make a card with a camera image. The camera is made out of washi tape and was designed to resemble a vintage camera. Directions below.
Cardstock folded in half
Washi tape in black, silver, and green
Standard size hole punch
Black pen – I like to use Micron pens
*Always cut washi tape on parchment paper so it doesn’t stick to your scissors.
2. Center a thin strip of black tape on top of the green tape. Cut off excess tape (refer to dotted lines).
3. Your tape should now look like fig. 3. Position this piece where you want it on your card.
4. Cut out a small trapezoid shape in green.
5. Position the small trapezoid at the top of the camera.
7. Peel circle off parchment paper and place it on a small piece of green tape. Cut around the silver circle (refer to dotted lines).
8. Place both circles on camera.
9. Cut a small piece of silver tape into a rectangle and place it on the trapezoid piece.
10. With a pen, draw a button on the top of the camera.