This year I decided to change things up a little with our Valentine cards. Normally I make a standard card that my daughter can sign and give out to everyone. This time I plan on making them more personal and giving them a purpose. My daughter will address each card and write something she likes about that child. The cards read, “I like that you ________.” and she will fill in the blanks. It could be as simple as, “I like that you are kind”. The emphasis will be on writing something sincere and positive.
I know this isn’t for everyone. If you like the idea, there are directions below.
White Cardstock – 8 1/2 in x 11 in
Click here for Valentine card template.
Directions to make outside pouch
1. Cut a piece of card stock to 8 1/2 in x 2 3/4 in. You will get exactly 4 strips out of a standard size piece of cardstock.
2. Fold in half. Refer to fig 2.
3. Place two pieces of tape on the top and bottom of the paper with half of it hanging off the edge. Fold tape to the back side to seal the folded paper together.
4. Your paper should now look like fig 4. Trim tape with scissors (refer to dotted blue lines).
5. Decorate the top of the pouch. Set aside.
Directions for the Valentine card.
1. Print Valentine card template on cardstock.
2. Cut into eight pieces (refer to crop marks). Make sure the crop marks are cut off.
3. Place a piece of washi tape on the right side of the card with about one inch of it hanging off the edge. Fold it over so the sticky sides of tape come together. A little of the tape should be on the back side of the card. This will be the pull tab for the card.
4. With a pen, write pull on the tape. Let dry.
5. Write a message on the card and tuck the card inside the pouch. Done.